This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.


It is with regret that we inform you that Dr Razzaq is leaving Bute House Medical Centre and will no longer be offering any appointments to see her.

Please see the following message from Dr Razzaq –

“As many of you are aware, I have been away from Bute House Medical Centre for the past four months as my partners kindly granted me a sabbatical. During this time, I have been working closely with Luton CCG to develop a pathway to better care for our Frail Elderly population. I have realised that this area of work is my passion, and as a consequence, I have decided to step down from GP Partner at Bute House to dedicate more time to service improvement and also to pursue a Masters in "Ageing and Society" at King's College London.

It has been a privilege to have been given the opportunity to look after you for the past 11 years and I will miss being your family doctor. I leave you in the excellent care of my amazing partners, Drs Kothari, Dissanayake, Hill and Satchi and I am sure that Bute House will continue to thrive as a centre of learning as well as the provision of excellent health care.”

Sickness Certificates

You do not require a doctor's sickness certificate for any illness lasting seven days or less. Your employer may however require you to complete a self-certification form (SC2) which is available from your employer or on the HMRC website .

If you request a note within the first seven days then this will be issued as a Private medical certificate and will be charged at £25.00.

Evidence that you are sick

If you are sick for more Sickness Certificatesthan seven days, your employer will ask you to give them some form of medical evidence to support payment of SSP (statutory sick pay).

The 'fit note' was introduced on 6 April 2010 which replaced the old 'Med3' and 'Med5' certificates.

The doctor will need to have seen you during your illness to be able to issue this note and it cannot be backdated unless the doctor has written evidence from another clinician who has seen you during this time.

 The doctor will decide an appropriate amount of time for you to be off work and will let you know whether you need to be reviewed again prior to your return to work.

For more information see the DirectGov website

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website