Our Patient Participation Group (PPG) is a group of volunteer patients who are involved in shaping the services to patients. The group is designed to develop a partnership with patients, discover what a range of patients think about services and to establish their priorities and provide a platform to test and modify ideas and plans.
Our PPG plays a number of key roles, including:
- Advising the practice on the patient perspective
- Organising health promotion events
- Communicating with the wider patient body
- Running volunteer services and support groups to meet local needs
- Carrying out research into the views of those who use the practice (and their carers)
- Influencing the practice or the wider NHS to improve commissioning
- Fundraising to improve the services provided by the practice
We meet at 18:30pm every 12 weeks for approximately an hour here at Bute House Medical Centre.
If you are interested in joining our Patient Participation Group please contact our Deputy Practice Manager at the practice.